Sunday, April 7, 2013

C4T #3

Jennys Learning Journey

This month I have read posts from Jenny She. The first post I read of hers went along perfectly with what we have talked about in EDM 310. Her class was chosen to experiment with iPads. She used the iPads in several ways. She used them for educational activities in downtime, ways for positive reinforcement, and for teaching tools. She used it for it to read to her class and they also traced letters on it. She thought they were super easy to use. She also asked for advice from anyone.

I asked her about the pros and cons she found while doing this experiment and thanked her for the article. One of the comments left on her blog made me appreciate iPads even more. One was from a boy who was older but, told about when he was younger he had a reading disability. His teacher had to read aloud to him. He said how much he appreciated the iPad to help student's like him!

Mrs. She didn't post any newer post so I went to the most recent I had not read. This was a very refreshing post with the moral, "The happiest people don’t have everything, they just make the best of everything." Her teacher once told her this! He took beautiful pictures of flowers with only his camera phone but that made him happy and he liked the pictures. Mrs. She also started taking pictures of flowers on her phone and posted some!

In my comment I thanked Mrs. She for this reminder. I could always complain about what I don't have, but what is the point? i just want to be happy and make the best of everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment