Sunday, April 7, 2013

Blog Post #11

Mrs. Cassidy and Her Classroom
:technology
I am so inspired by Mrs. Cassidy and her classroom! You can tell she enjoys what she is doing and she truly teaches to her full potential. The kids in her classroom seem to be using every technology possibly available. They use blogs, Wikis, SMARTboards, etc. They seem to know how to use these tools and apply them to their lessons. I feel like these children know how to use these tools even way more than I would. I also noticed using these things also helps with grammar and communication skills. These kids have inspired me to do extremely well in this class so I will be able to tech my future students how to learn to use all of this technology.

I love Mrs. Cassidy's approach. She fully believes that children should learn technology as soon as possible. I have to admit before this class and some the things I have seen, I thought learning all this about technology was stupid. I fully believe like Mrs. Cassidy that children should learn about technology soon and how to apply it because this is the world we live in today. I also love the fact that with using blogs it is not only the teacher viewing their work but many others. She also thinks it is a great way to communicate with parents. I completely agree we can't teach our children the way we did 5 years ago!

I do see a few problems with technology. I think some students might abuse it. There are ways to play distracting games and use social media and I would not want this to effect their learning. I also see a problem with myself and technology. There is an endless amount to learn and teach and I want ti provide my students with the most current information. I am going to try to learn as much as I can and the most currents to help my students succeed!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I really enjoyeed reading your post. I agree with a lot of things you talked about. When I first started this class I thought learnig about technology for the classroom was stupid, but I also see the importance in it now. I think I will struggle to keep up with technology to teach my students, but it is our job as educators to make sure that our students will recieve the best education possible. I believe there are a few risks that comes with students using technology, but after taking this class I believe they are risks that we have to take to stay ahead in the game. Good job on your post; proofread and you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I do see a few problems with technology. I think some students might abuse it. " Some abuse silence. Some abuse opportunity. Some abuse property. Some abuse animals. Some abuse people. What is different about technology?

    Learning never ends! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete