Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blog post #13

Back To The Future
I love seeing videos like this one of Mr. Crosby. They inspire me to be a great teacher. It also want me to put out the extra effort to make my students be able to learn in such advance ways. It is up to the teacher to provide these ways and want the best for my students! How much effort put in the video alone shows how dedicated he is! His students used all kinds of technology from blogs to Skype! The students skyped children from other places and could see how to do projects. I think kids teaching kids iss a great idea. They listen to each other better and they have to know what there talking about to teach it! I hope to research on Mr. Crosby more!




Blended Learning Cycle
blended learning

Mr. Paul Anderson is a high school AP biology teacher in Bozeman, Montana. He describes the teaching style in his classroom as blended learning. This is when teachers use online material, mobile, and the classroom all together as one learning technique. The cycle he uses in his science class is engage, explore, explain, expand, and evaluate. He also uses the acronym QUIVERS. This stands for Questions, Investigation/Inquiry, Video, Elaboration, Review, Summary quiz. He says that since he videos his lessons, he has more time to answer students questions.

I love seeing a teacher like this! I hope to one day be this inspiring and will do whatever it takes for my students to truly learn. I love this technique. I was first introduced to flipping a classroom earlier in the semester, and have become a major fan. I think this method is going beyond just teaching and actually letting the students learn.

1 comment:

  1. Jana,

    My name if Phillip Hall. I enjoyed both teacher's posts also. I have to say, I'm still not a fan of flipping the classroom but I am not closed to this option. I guess I still need to research it more. I also think both of these teachers will help to inspire future teachers. I enjoyed reading your post.

    Phillip

    ReplyDelete