Wednesday, March 6, 2013

C4T #2

The blogs that I read were written by Mathew Needleman. They are great to read and you can also read them too here. In the first blog post titled, iOS App Recommendations, Needleman has a list for teachers that have apps he put on the iPads in his school. He says that while he likes several of the apps that require higher-thinking, he would like to create a new list because some of the apps aren't challenging enough. He gives examples of apps in literacy. Not that those are the only apps but he does recommends how they are used. He recommends them be used in the categories of fluency, writing, and learning letter sounds.

In my comment I told Mathew Needleman how I was in EDM 310 and we were learning about new types of technology to use in our classroom. I also told him that I hoped when I was teaching someone had a list of great math apps to help me in my classroom. That would be very beneficial to a new teacher. I thanked him also for his great blog!

Mathew Needleman did not have a new blog post so I commented on the most recent blog I hadn't read. It was titled, What Good Teaching Looks Like: Digital Research. He started off by talking about the way students used to be taught. Teachers would have to tell their students how to find things like the author, illustrator, and copyright information. These forms of methods are becoming obsolete. The computer is one of the primary methods of learning now. Now other things must be taught to help students use the computer. An example of what should be taught is teaching students to search for things on the web using keywords. This can even start being taught in kindergarten.

I commented on how eye opening this blog post was for me. I have to remember that my role as a teacher will be changing. I have to keep up with the current time and put away some obsolete teaching methods. I can not wait to begin my journey as a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment