Sunday, March 3, 2013

C4K February Summaries

new kids on the blog

Summary #1
The first student's blog I read seemed to be such a sweet boy. His teacher gave them a prompt. It was an article about history that had a few incorrect facts. He rewrote the article by correcting the false information and providing even more on the subject.

I told him that while it was great he corrected the false information, I thought it was great that he went into more detail and gave more facts about history. I also told him that he was a great writer!


Summary #2
Sontee was the student whose blog I was assigned to read this week. His blog post was about homework. He wrote how he did not like homework because he would rather be doing things more fun. He also thought it was hard and his teacher gave to much of it. He stated he could see why it was necessary though. He thinks that students should be given one week to act like a kid.

Sontee's writing was not grammatically correct. He used lots of run-on sentences and a lot was not easy to read. The comment I left I tried to be positive and uplifting with a little corrections in a nice way. I told him I felt the same way about homework when I was younger, but I see now how important it is. I told him that his teacher could help him to make his homework easier. I gave him the advice to make sure to check for run-on sentences and read the post out loud to make sure it sounds right or he didn't leave out words. I ended it with encouraging words to keep up the good work and blogging!



Summary #3
I read Mary's blog at Pt England school.She told what Perimeter is and gave a picture that also reinforced her idea. She also provided a link for more information on perimeter.

After introducing myself to Mary, I told her how I enjoyed looking around her blog. Everything seemed even better than my blog! I told her that information could help many of her peers. I also encouraged her to keep doing a great job!


Summary #4
Jordyn wrote on the topic of hegemony. S he told about going to her friends house and telling her friend about Jesus and being a christian. The girls parents were not happy about it and made her stop talking about God. Her friend was still very interested and asked to come over so she could learn more. She ended up saving her friend.

I told her how great it was to be spreading God's word at such an early age. I thought what she did was great. I also told her how proud of her I was! She was also a great writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment