Sunday, February 10, 2013

C4T #1

       I read an article by Karl Fisch. I thought it was perfect to read, especially after all I have read about how far behind our education system is. This made me rethink some things. I tell myself I will never be the "lecture" teacher and will use tons of technology. In all reallity, that may happen in a perfect world but we are not in that perfect world. Sometimes I may give a few lectures and pass out some of the old timey work sheets.
         In Mr. Fisch's blog he was stating how he's tired of reading all the time about people bashing lectures, worksheets, and notes. This bashing is not a critique, just bashing and putting these methods down. He states methods to make these critiques better. He says that being criticall will only make things better but we also must back it up. Give reasons and in depth ways to execute a plan.

         In the next post by Fisch, the message I got was, while twitter can be useful for a teacher, know that it can be deceiving too. We can look on people's twitter and feel like crap for what we are doing in our classroom. It is great for us to learn from others and try to incorporate their ideas, but we must remember instead of feeling like a horrible teacher we just have to learn to improve constantly and not everything on twitter is exactly true. People like to stretch the truth, no school is perfect. He also states there are laws we MUST follow as teachers. Don't go on strike and make the student's learn nothing. There are better ways to handle those situations!
         I have loved reading Karl Fisch's blog! They seem like confidence boosters directed right at teachers. While I'm a teacher I will use twitter to gain fresh ideas. I will not let it discourage me. The "perfect," classrooms we see on twitter, are not so perfect. Try to improve, but know that the tweet is somewhat of a lie. All classrooms everywhere need improving, not just mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment