Sunday, May 5, 2013

Blog Post #15

Match classroom
Part 1


It is so weird to look back at my first blog post and to see how far I have come! I have to say though that I am proud of my first response. I feel likeit showed the kind of teacher I want and should be. I think it went perfect with Edm 310, and now this class has just filled in the gaps with exactly how to accomplish the dreams I had for my future classroom. My goal was not just to teach my students but help them learn and take it with them!Just as in this class, I did not just learn things or memorize them for a test, I AM taking things away for my future classroom.

I would love to teach middle school math. My vision for my future classroom was to be a place of fun, hands-on learning. I mentioned in my first blog post how technology would be very important and I also remembered my math teacher turning out classroom into a bank and how excited I was. I think I was completely on track with these answers, but now I have even better ideas.

One thing I still think is important is the use of the smart board. One of the lessons I created for EDM 310 was in math, so I know how beneficial that can be! I would love to have iPads for my math classroom. During free time I could let the students have a rewards by playing fun math games. I would also like to use some kind of simulation in my classroom. I know this will give the students something to look forward too and they can learn and remember it!

The biggest thing that I got was about flipping the classroom! I feel that was made for my future math class! Now I would be able to teach to many different math levels and won't have to waste unnecessary in my class! I can spend more time on helping my students with what they do not understand! Some laptops in my class would be needed for this. I would love to have technology/project based learning!

Part 2


No comments:

Post a Comment